The 2019 Beat the Heat All Star Tournament will take place in San Luis Obispo, CA, on Saturday, June 8th, and Sunday, June 9th.
See link below to Register your team.
Please see below for details on game schedules, locations and tournament results.
The brackets for each level will be out prior to the start of the tournament. Below are the teams already registered:
San Luis Obispo Beat the Heat
Tournament play will be conducted under the Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken Baseball Rules with the
1. Games will be 6 innings. No new inning will be started after 1 hr. 30 min.
2. Pitchers will be limited to a maximum of 3 innings per game.
3. A pitcher may not re-enter the game as a pitcher. A pitcher must be removed upon the
coach’s 2nd visit to the mound, in the same inning.
4. Team rosters shall be a maximum of 15 players. Teams must field at least 8 players, but
no more than 9 players on the field. 8U division included.
5. There are NO PROTESTS, umpires decision is final.
6. Home team will be responsible for the official scorebook. Score keeper is also
responsible for documenting start time with plate umpire.
7. Tie games on Fri. or Sat. will end in a tie at 6 innings or time limit. Quarterfinal and
semifinal games will use the international tie-breaker if 6 innings or the time limit has run
out. (Tie Breaker) Last player out the previous inning is put on 2nd base with one out and
the next batter is up. If still tied after 1st tie-breaker, the last batter will be placed on 3rd
base with one out. Championship games have no time limits and will play regular extra
innings if needed.
8. Tie breaker for seeding: 1. Head to head, 2. Least runs allowed, 3. Run Differential (max
10 per game) 4. Coin flip
9. 10 run mercy rule after 4 innings and eight run mercy after 5 innings. All Games!
10. Teams may bat their full roster, 10 batters with an EH or 9 batters. Open defensive subs
are allowed for teams batting the full roster and for the EH. No penalty will be applied for
an injured player missing a turn at bat.
11. No metal cleats allowed.
12. All USA stamped bats up to 2 5/8” and wood bats are allowed.
13. No lead-offs or dropped 3rd strike for 60 ft. tournaments (9U and 10U divisions). “Real
baseball” for 70ft (11U and 12U).
14. Players must attempt to slide or avoid contact with defensive players. Catchers may not
block plate unless he has the ball, or is about to receive the ball. Umpires discretion will
be used to call interference. Head first sliding is allowed.
15. No courtesy runners except for injured players.
16. Any forfeit will result in a score of 6-0, regardless of score in game.
Umpires and/or Field Marshal’s decisions are final!
All teams must complete the following roster form and email to Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org
French Park (10U)1040 Fuller Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Map: https://email@example.com,-120.6719075,13z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x80ecf6b128e7b069:0x7df7dfbb8980f8ef!2m2!1d-120.636888!2d35.24713
Stockton Field (11U)
Located in the Sinsheimer Sports Complex
900 Southwood Dr, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Throop Park (12U)
525 Cerro Romauldo, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Any teams with questions about games schedules or locations can contact Dan Spiller at Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org